Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Rain, I Am Breaking Up with You! SOLSC #SOL24

Dear wet and rainy day💦,

    There was a time when I longed for you on those hot and dry summer days. I would even sit and watch your every drop. I loved your smell and soft plops on my face. Only thunder and lightning could pull me from your pitter patter.

    However, those days are over. You never leave me alone. It seems as though every time I wake you are showering your incessant drops all over my day, dampening it in every way.

    Your presence is no longer soft and soothing. It is a cold blanket I just can't shake.  

    Now, all I want to do is hunker under the covers in an effort to escape your and drown out your sounds with Tik Toks. I can't even pull my hands out to hold a book because they are so cold.  

    I need a break from you, please. I need more than one day of sunshine. 🌞Remember the saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"? If you have any hopes of mending these feelings of ill-will, you will go visit some of your other friends and give me some time alone.

Pleadingly,

Heather



3 comments:

  1. 100%, Heather. I am so over this weather and it's only Tuesday with more to come! Love the letter form for this soggy Slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be fun to do with students! Have you ever done this with them? I actually may try this for our sartorial memoir???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have had my students pick a habit or thing to break up with in the past. I want to do it again this year.

      Delete

Thinking About Change #SOL

I have been thinking about change. It has been a part of my work life for about three years now, and it will not stop for a while. So when E...