Sunday, March 31, 2024

Almost Is Okay #SOLC #SOL24

Another Reflective Pause invitation from James Crews using the words "No matter" from Ross Gay's poem Sorrow Is Not My Name.

It's Okay

No matter the break in my slice streak. 
No matter the things I should have done.
There is not much time together. 
Acceptance comes because
this past weekend brought blue and gray yarn, 
thousands of knits and purls away from warm hugs,
bonsai seeds to nurture, and 
and a bright bouquet of Lego wildflowers.
Side by side we chose each other -
Mother and Son.
The time spent on creating
roots and strands that will endure.
Every glance a reminder of
you and us.

I missed the last two days of slicing. I've worked hard this month not to miss a day, but once my son came home for the weekend, everything else just fell from my mind. I would remember at the end of the day, but I just did not have it in me to write. I am okay with that. 


 


3 comments:

  1. Someday my son is going to be grown and out of the house and when he comes home I will forget all about my writing for a few days too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to love in this slice. It's okay to miss slicing for living.
    "Side by side we chose each other -
    Mother and Son.
    The time spent on creating
    roots and strands that will endure."
    Yay for being there side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poem has such heart to it. My favorite line is "side by side we chose each other." That says a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking About Change #SOL

I have been thinking about change. It has been a part of my work life for about three years now, and it will not stop for a while. So when E...